🌱 Music Festival + Parade of Boats + Soap Factory
Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning to tell you about all the biggest things happening in Cumming these days. I’ll get to it.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Warm with waning clouds. High: 94 Low: 72.
fun fact: Woody Harrelson turns 60 today. Happy birthday Woody.
Here are today’s top stories in Cumming:
- Cumming Chapter 1030 Vietnam Veterans of America make a donation to FCSO BADGE (Benevolent association dedicated to giving to the employees of the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office). BADGE’s mission is to give back to the employees of the Forsyth County Service Organizations who serve, protect and restore trust, hope and peace of mind through financial and other support when unexpected or unfortunate circumstances arise in their lives. (Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
- sisters Ash and Maira visited on Post Road Library recently to put their names on the Ocean Wall of Champions and receive their latest set of summer reading awards. Every summer, thousands of Forsyth County residents participate in the library’s free Summer Reading Fun program. (Forsyth County Public Library via Instagram)
- Humane Society of Forsyth County Clinics offer a range of medical and preventative services for your pets, including routine exams, tests, nail clippings, sterilizations, and heartworm and flea preventative medication. (Humane Society of Forsyth County, GA via Facebook)
- Need a handyman? Call Lachlan 678-756-4628″ (The next door)
- Coal Mountain Elementary will host a Back-to-School Social on July 30 from 1-3 p.m., sponsored by PTO. (Coal Mountain Elementary through Facebook)
- Forsyth County Public Library is looking for a part-time Information Specialist. If you love books, libraries and helping people, check out the current post. (Forsyth County Public Library via Facebook)
- Tickets are available for State of Schools 2022 with the Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce on August 2 at http://ow.ly/Zmlz50JZAO7. (Forsyth County Schools via Facebook)
- Scammer alert! Be careful when selling anything online, especially Facebook Marketplace. Scammers will ask you to send them the 6-digit code because they are using your phone number to commit fraud and need this code from you. Never give out a code. Report the Facebook account and block the number. (The next door)
- Open Day! Sawnee Elementary will host an open house on Tuesday, August 2. (Elementary Sawnee via Facebook)
- If you need help, get it! A new Mental Health Helpline is now active. You can now call or text 988 to reach the Suicide Prevention Hotline and get the care you need 24/7. You can also visit 988lifeline.org/chat to chat with a caring advisor. This shortcut does not replace the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255), but will serve as an easy alternative for anyone going through a mental health crisis. (United Way of Forsyth County via Instagram)
- Open day! Daves Creek Elementary will host an open house on Tuesday, August 2. (Daves Creek Elementary through Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and Services:
You are officially informed for today. I will see you soon!
— Phil Giltman
About Me: I have lived in Cumming since 2010. I am married with two children, both in Forsyth County Schools. I consider myself a jack of all trades. I like solid reporting, scoring baseball games, playing golf, watching movies, reading books, doing crosswords, listening to music, participating in fantasy leagues, ordering said fantasy leagues, playing poker, trying new foods, traveling and hanging out with friends and family. Thank you for your visit.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Cumming Daily? Contact me at [email protected]